Your child will transfer to secondary education at eleven, at the end of year 6. West Kent uses the 11+ and some children take this at the beginning of their final year.
The decision about whether your child should take the 11+ is made in conjunction with the parents. There is a wide variety of schools available to parents, and children have mainly chosen to go to schools in Sevenoaks, Tonbridge or Tunbridge Wells.
- The Knole Academy
- Bennett Memorial Diocesan School
- The Judd School
- The Hayesbrook Boys School
- Hillview School for Girls
- Tonbridge Girls Grammar
- Tunbridge Wells Girls Grammar
- Tunbridge Wells Boys Grammar
- Weald of Kent Grammar.
A separate booklet about transfer at eleven gives more information about the procedure. This is available from Kent County Council and is issued from school for parents of Year 6 children.
- Kent County Council Website concerning Secondary School Transfer
- Guide to Secondary School Admissions 2023
- Open Events for 2023 Entry
- Home-school transport guidance