The next Parent Workshop is on Tuesday 25th November in Jessica’s Hall at 9am and is entitled ‘Key Stage 1 Reading and Writing’. This session will be particularly useful if you have a child in Reception,Year 1 or Year 2 but other parents might also find it interesting. The session will last about 1 hour and there will be plenty of opportunities for you to ask questions and see the resources that we use to teach reading and writing in school. Thank you.
Welcome to Leigh Primary School
My children love going to school..
- I love it when we have visitors and go on trips.
- Pupils make rapid progress in reading, and read a wide range of good quality children’s literature
- I am constantly impressed with the caring attitude of the staff who time and time again go the extra mile to make my children feel valued.
- Everyone is caring and school feels like one big family
- Pupils write imaginatively and confidently for a wide range of purposes.
- The school is hugely supported by the village and as a result the children have a real sense of being part of a community.
- I really like my school. We have good teachers and learn interesting things and I like playing on the green.
- I wouldn't have got to TOGs without Leigh – the teachers encouraged and motivated us to do the very best we could whilst supporting us along the way.
- Teachers use imaginative methods to capture pupils' enthusiasm.
- All the children know, care and look out for each other and the staff create an exciting and creative learning experience.
- Everyone is really friendly and welcoming and the opportunities at Leigh are amazing.
- Open-ended activities capture pupils’ enthusiasm and extend the thinking abilities of more able pupils.
'Sharing, Caring and Learning Together'
Welcome to our website. The staff and I hope you find this a useful resource to discover more about us and that it will encourage you to come and see for yourself what a special place this is. We deliver an exciting creative curriculum with a focus on achievement, while inspiring a love of learning and nurturing the whole child. There have been many changes here over the past 18 months so please do come and visit us - I will be delighted to meet you and proud to give you a taste of our wonderful school.
Mr Daniel Eaton (Headteacher)